09-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #19
lighthousemoon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328d/2011 BMW X5d

Garage List
2011 BMW X5  [0.00]
2014 BMW 328d  [0.00]
I started out via email with my CA at Thompsons BMW - David Dembrosky - very NICE guy - and he has been very patient and writing things down for us if we didn't understand. We did have a quick session with a different CA at the same dealership - she seemed jumpy and uncomfortable working with us. Probably had no idea how to work with deaf people. Only difference is that we can't hear - many other ways to communicate. Fortunately, I know the manager of the dealership (I've bought 2 BMWs from there in the past) and he referred me to David - so we're good!

As for my kids - I have an almost-10 year old girl, and two boys, aged 7 and 6. They're all hearing, but can sign very well - as American Sign Language is their first language - we all use it when they're home. When they're in regular public school, they use English and they are all proficient in English and can switch back and forth between the two languages without even thinking about it.

I happen to be a video solutions engineer for a videophone company where I get to work with many government agencies, even the Pentagon, the White House, the US Congress, as well as many business organizations, schools, hospitals, universities and non profits in helping them configure our videophone products for use with deaf employees working within those entities.

And wouldn't it be cool to have a videophone embedded into iDrive!?
Appreciate 0