View Single Post
      07-20-2018, 05:39 PM   #50
marcvtec
Banned
Rep
Drives: M5

so much misinformation with this guy it is un-real. (feuer) = bad advice. ( i don't think this guy drives anything but a lada)

Does LSD increase grip and performance in a straight line (feuer) - says no. Explain?
You have two tires gripping vs. the peg leg of one - time to catch grip will be reduced by 50%.

DD driving, in every scenario you can think of including snow LSD out performs open diff.
Again (feuer) - is lost.

Track again in every corner uneven road surface LSD will be better and more stable and more predictable, open diff nope (feuer) - again he is lost.

In conclusion open diff is only there because your average Jane will not understand why possible oversteer is happening. Open diff is a safety net. Every real car come with and LSD, like all M models and there is a reason why.
Period, game over, feuer - do not even bother to do a come back because I would rather listen to my wood floors. Geezzz, so much mis information in this thread.

And FYI, yes my 335 had and LSD, so did My IS300, and yes I have tracked the car before and after LSD. And yup if you prefer an open diff - well then that says it all.
#close thread.

Edit - to the OP - yes installing and LSD will make the car more predictable, faster, and sportier. I loved that mod.

Last edited by marcvtec; 07-20-2018 at 05:45 PM..
Appreciate 0