View Single Post
      07-21-2018, 09:00 AM   #57
marcvtec
Banned
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
Probably even in a Lada I can do circles around you in your car You need to re read the title of this thread, post #1 and #7 and while your are reading educate yourself on the Mclaren P1 open diff. Don't worry, I won't give you the satisfaction of replying to your posts. As you said I'm lost.
Lol, you are comparing a Mclaren to a 335.
Yes Mclaren does have an open diff, but guess what it also has 1million dollars worth of computers to correct for that. i.e.:

This could be a problem in a high-speed turn, where the outside wheel has the brunt of the load due to shifting centrifugal forces acting upon it. That tire is loaded up and ready for more power, but the inside wheel is keeping that from happening because if it gets more of that 50 percent split it's going to lead to wheelspin.

To counter this, McLaren employs a brake vectoring system. The engine sends all of the power that the driver is requesting and uses the brakes of the inside wheel to hold that roller back from spinning. This way the outside wheel takes on as much power as it can handle, which still falls under the 50/50 torque split.

anyway to each there own.
Appreciate 0