SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_oracle1980 View Post
You can switch RHD drive E90 Xenons for driving on the continent, but I am not sure about switching LHD Xenons for driving over here, I am asuming you have a US spec car, so they wouldnt bother fitting a shutter for that as they assume a US spec car will never ever be driving on the left hand side if you know what I mean
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_oracle1980 View Post
oh yes, and plus you would of been dazzling people with adaptive xenons, you wouldnt of been able to have the light switch to the left on auto mode. So for your car the £1500 was justified. When we brits go on to the continent, we are meant to turn off adaptive part too.
OK, now I'm getting a bit more confused than normal. I can understand your assertion with the U.S. spec and the lack of the shutter; it does make sense.

Here's what I have. My E90 with Bi-Xenon Adaptive Headlights is a U.S. spec vehicle (lights dip to the right) with the amber eyebrows. Last year the entire headlight units were replaced with the UK version without the amber and with lights dipping to the left. I've been driving for thirteen months with the lights in auto mode without incident.

Now for the tricky question. If the UK units have the shutter for continental driving, other than moving the switch/lever, is there anything else I need to do or will not be able to do such as not use the adaptive portion? I'd like to be rid of the amber but not at the expense of losing the adaptive feature. Your last sentence implies that in addition to making the switch/lever adjustment you still aren't supposed to use the adaptive feature on the continent.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0