CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by krhodes1 View Post
Seems pointless to me. It will be fast on a track, but it will tear the Hell out of the tires, brakes, and suspension due to the weight. It won't be comfortable on the street AT ALL with those seats and presumably rock-crusher suspension.

I totally don't get the point of track-focused luxobarges. If you can afford this, you can afford a fast enough sedan for the road and something that will actually be great on a trackday. Or better yet, something luxurious that can TOW the trackday toy to the track.

Love the paint, hate the bronze accents.
Yep, and this is why their sales numbers for performance sedans are tanking. Sedans are a hard sell in the US anyway compared to CUVs, but an expensive luxobarge that offers very little over it's Lexus and Mercedes-Benz counterparts? Considering the hideous styling, I doubt they will sell many.

BMW has spent so much time trying to be like everyone else, that they forgot what attracted buyers to the brand to begin with. Almost everyone I know who has been a loyal BMW customer (some of them for decades) will not be buying a new one, and likely switching to another brand for their next vehicle purchase.

It's not just the enthusiasts either, as many of these long-time buyers I wouldn't consider to be car enthusiasts, they simply have bought BMWs because they enjoyed how they drive.
Appreciate 1
Mosaud19983940.50