02-26-2010, 10:48 AM   #22
G35to330i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
Agree re: centre channel. However, for fronts + tweeters, don't you use one channel for that and just split with crossovers - or do I misunderstand how they count "channels"? Also; aren't there 2 more tweeters somewhere in the back? I'm thinking - 2 tweeters in front, 2 speakers in front, 2 in the rear doors, 2 on the rear deck - that adds up to 9; but AFAIK they advertise L7 as an "11" speaker system, so there's 2 more tweeters somewhere I think.

Don't forget that you have twin subs under the seats, btw. Have you considered replacing them with slightly more powerful ones? I used to run a 10" sub in my previous car (in my sig), and I must say - oomph wise, the twin under-seat ones are not entirely horrible compared to that one. And please, insulate your trunk properly. There is nothing worse than a BMW with a rattling license plate.... I am willing to forgive riced Honda Civics that do it, as there is little hope for them, but for a proper car, it's unacceptable

What would that do?
[edit[ i mean, i understand they would remove the options from the car, but what's the goal of that if he's removing the associated hardware anyway? won't throw codes maybe?
I think the count is 2 tweeters (front doors), 2 mid bass drivers (front doors), 2 "subs" (under front seats), 2 mid bass drivers (rear doors), 2 mid bass drivers (rear deck) and 1 goofy-ass center channel. That's 11 and the only way I can work out the math

Oh and they may/not be mid bass drivers, I'm simply not well enough versed in the specific speaker jargon to know what they truly are.

I assume (note what ass-ume means ) that the front tweeter/mid bass setup would be similar to aftermarket component set: input goes to the cross over and the cross over splits the sound to the tweeter and mid bass. So one channel on my amp powers 2 speakers due to the cross over.

I plan on insulating the trunk as needed; I've not had license plate rattle in 4 cars (since high school) and I don't plan on starting now with my nice new Bavarian ride

EDIT: Seat heater controls would go to the ash tray I guess. I don't smoke so I just put chapstick in there for now
Appreciate 0