View Single Post
      01-19-2012, 12:42 AM   #330
arguru
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TherealdealBMW View Post
]Enough already. Lets get some facts out in the open. The same questions keep being asked here and on Jalopnik and the OP isnt answering them. the reason why? The answers would let you all in on the little secret he already knows; Nothing is, or was wrong with his car that caused him to lose control of his steering.

1. You posted the garbage codes from an independent and although they are grossly incomplete, they, combined with the dash shot from Jalopnik and your description all add up to the same failure: A Steering angle sensor. or SZL a common failure in the E90. The SZL is a gateway or required input for the DSC to operate, if the SZL fails the DSC doesnt activate and brake a wheel for no reason. It turns off, letting the driver know it is in this state by leaving the DSC light lit on the dash. Anyone that has ever turned off this function for a dyno or for track time knows thats what the light being lit means. A flashing light means its working, and working correctly. Prove me wrong, post the repair and codes the second dealership did to the car, if its not an SZL i will personally pay for your wheels. P.S. you can unplug an SZL while driving, the SZL monitors the steering it has no effect on it. Active steering or not.
2. Nobody that thinks their car is intermittently losing steering refuses to drive a loaner because its not a BMW and drives their car home, to an independent and then to a second dealership weeks later. They leave the car where it is.
3. The second dealership has the FASTA data once they pulled codes for the car, meaning everything that happened to that car is now in NJ with access to any engineer in the world to look at. "flying someone in" to look at a car that has no codes when the story doesnt add up? ...isnt going to happen.
4. I don't currently work for Penske but i know how they operate, I would bet my last dollar its you that ends up being sued, don't cry wolf unless you have bigger teeth than the wolf.
5. Do any of you other posters that are encouraging or applauding the OP realize the car has been in production for nearly 7 years??? 7 years, millions of miles, tens of thousands of cars on the road. Do you really think some catastrophic or serial problem is going to start showing up now? Really? You are trying to ensure this doesn't happen to other people? saving lives? To anyone but the "experts" on this forum you look and sound like a bunch of muppets. The real enthusiasts at Jalopnik sorted this out in about 4 posts. You guys are on page 19
6. Some bright soul on here used "google-fu" to sniff out a guy they thought worked for Penske, anybody "google-fu" the OP?
7. Post the emails from BMW CR. I know they didn't just hit ignore. They just gave you the same answer i just did and you didn't like it.

OP, ask the mods to close these threads and bail while you still have some dignity. You don't have a case and you aren't going to get out whatever desperate situation you have put yourself in by slipping and falling in the supermarket or finding a needle in your Pepsi.
Oh hey buddy.

Blow me!

Last edited by arguru; 04-12-2012 at 10:45 PM..
Appreciate 0