12-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #30
Crazylegs
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Black on Red 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankg11 View Post
I am from Washington also. There are specific rules in the law for DUI of pot. It's very very small. Something like .01 micrograms or something. Essentially if you smoke and drive you are DUI as I understand the law. It's akin or more stringent than alcohol. What we don't yet understand is the limit at which you are impaired under pot as no significant studies have yet to be done, so the DUI limit will be tested in court.

Now the rub.... It's a blood test and can't be done on site. But if they are DUI on pot they are clearly liable.

We shall see how this all works out in the state and for me the jury is still out but its the law for now. So I will be a more vigilant driver going forward.

Ok all done.
this also depends on the persons tolerance and the strain/grade of the pot, and you cant really go test people for being high while driving it stays in your system for a long period of time. if i smoke today it will show up 2 days form now. what if i get into an accident would that 2 days later be impaired driving because thc is in my system?

I personally believe unless its stupidly obvious that your hot boxing, stoned, and reeking of weed, that you could easily avoid this situation

2014 BSM 335i Msport - Stock
Appreciate 0