11-11-2008, 12:52 AM   #208
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibbs View Post
Yeah, I'll setup a time this week for the PDR - I think he'll come to my parking garage at work and fix it, which will be convenient.

Linea Corsa Lemans

I haven't taken any pics yet, I should get some this weekend after I do a complete wash + wax. I just got packages from PakShak and Zaino, so I'll hold off until she gets cleaned up a little

On the rear window, where there is the large dot matrix they recommended that I let them vinyl over that area because they said it's very difficult to get tint to properly adhere, look good, and last for a long time. I gave them the go ahead and was impressed with the result, it looks fine and you can't even tell that it's vinyl'ed unless you look for it. With a lighter tint, it might be more noticeable but with 15% it works very well. On the smaller dot matrix strips around the side windows, the tint seems to have some tiny air bubbles that bug me - they've gotten better since the install. They also told me to come back for a checkup and to get anything touched up and I haven't made it over there yet, I'll bring this up and see what they say. It's not a big deal, I'm just being nit-picky.
That sounds convenient.

The wheels remind me of BBS LM's.... but they look like they would be pain to clean....

I talked to Acutint and they pretty much told me the same thing.... Vinyl over the dot matrix.... I am thinking about going 35% though so I am not quite sure what it will look like.

Zaino.... So you don't have to do the whole step all over on your car.... All the initial process has been completed and you will just have to keep it up either with Z2 (prefered) or Z5.... I've always used Zaino carwash and Z6 in between. If you have any questions let me know.... I have soo many Zaino shine pics of the car if you ever want to see them :-0

I don't know if you noticed but if you open up the hood there is a Zaino Sticker towards the bottom of the hood which was a courtesy of Sal Zaino himself.... It is kind stealth there.....but it is there. I am so glad you bought my car.... Let me know if you would like a M3 in a year or two with proximately 4-5k miles
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0