02-19-2014, 01:40 PM   #151
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
nah, back in the 80's you could plow through someone's handchecks all day.

plus, you could use your offhand a lot more back then than you can now....
That doesn't make any sense. This isn't NFL football, Bron isn't going to just bum rush his way through a guy who is defending him aggressively, even back then you would still get called for an offensive foul if you just plowed into someone and floored them on the ground.

The simple fact is, and anyone can confirm this just by watching Jordan, Magic, Bird in the highlights, shots were way more physically contested back then compared to today.

Also today's game is completely small ball because of the hand check rule, heck the guy you're sucking off doesn't even play on a team with a true center, and they won 2 championships! They don't even include "centers" in the All-Star voting anymore. The reason for that is because the game has gotten so soft you can't touch anyone on the perimeter anymore, so to defend those shots out there, you need faster, smaller guys, but not necessarily huge muscular guys to defend the shot. How would Bron have done in a league where guys where not only more physical on the perimeter, and then even once you got past them, you had to contend with guys like Hakeem, David Robinson, Ewing, Kareem, and all the other elite big men who were dominating during that era? The true answer: Bron's shot percentage and conversion rate goes way down compared to 2013.

Quote:
take the elite SG/SF's from the 80's and match them up against the SF/SG's of this era - you'll laugh.
Okay.

Clyde Drexler vs Dwayne Wade?
Michael Jordan vs James Harden?
Reggie Miller vs Klay Thompson?
George Gervin vs Joe Johnson?
Joe Dumars vs JR Smith?

Why am I supposed to be laughing again?
Appreciate 0