RSL
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 (Retired) / 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave92N54 View Post
RSL back to make us all look stupid again

Guess this is the last time I skip looking at gear
Nah, just to help. Things have to go on for a while before I feel compelled to log in and offer my $0.02 though lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab987 View Post
I thought so on the torque actual value. But that value did seem pretty accurate on that log up above given the 100-200 time, it was around the same as mine and I bet it wasn't an e93. And if it can be set anywhere, wouldn't a tune have to manually set it for it to be inaccurate? Doesn't the DME calculate and update it every x ms? Sorry for dragging this on, just my software engineer side coming out and it sounds like you might know what's actually going on here
BMW may have mapped it out reasonably well above stock levels, but it would've been done with the all things stock for those levels, which no one keeps. Change AFR or any of the factors that effect it and it's altered.

Chances are, any tuned N54 at almost any level will actually produce 525-625nm range and torque actual will generally be in that range, either by default or on purpose. Stock AT has to be limited to around 600nm max reported to avoid limiters and issues. Even MHD OTS maps ask which trans before flashing, there's a reason. Either way, reported and actual output values will generally be close out of coincidence or necessity, especially on canned tunes.

Torque actual is completely detached from actual output though and can't be used as a measure. As an example, here's a log I did a long time ago, make an estimate of the actual power.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Dave92N54528.00