View Single Post
      01-15-2008, 06:10 PM   #9
2e9x's
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ED 7/07

Welcome and I look forward to meeting you there!

All you need to bring is your enthusiasm and willingness to learn. The club supplies everything else (except the car). Some guy (or lady) in a yellow shirt will jump into your car before your first run. Do whatever he/she says.

Make sure to put about 38 psi in all of your tires and torque your lug bolts. You need a full sump of oil and a clean windshield. The club has a few loaner helmets if you want one (although using your own certainly is nicer). Bring a check and be prepared to join the BMW CCA (please use my name as the person who referred you).

When you arrive (try to get there by 7:00) take everything out of your car. Nothing loose inside at all. Go to the registration table and then to tech. There a nice volunteer will ensure that your car is safe to run. Place your number stickers where timing (read ME) can see them and then watch carefully.

At some point you will get your first run. Take your time...be patient. Speed will come as the day progresses. If you get an opportunity to ride with one of the instructors, do so. That is an experience to remember!!

If at any time you need help or have questions please feel free to look for me. I will be under the timing tent most of the day.

People are there to help you so ask questions and talk to the more experienced folks. The Club has a bunch of really nice folks so I suspect you will really enjoy yourself!