View Single Post
      03-22-2019, 04:54 PM   #369
bob.g
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by N5ifty4our View Post
I'll try and clear up your confusion on the sound quality issues. The e90 auxiliary port sounds great when your phone is plugged into it. As well as the BT dongle I posted above for $5.99. I used both. There was no difference in sound quality when my phone was connected to the aux port vs the USB BT dongle. The quality from either source is the same and sounds perfect.

To get sound from the Avin display, you have to connect it to the Aux port under the arm rest. You would think the sound quality would be the same, since it works perfectly when your phone is plugged into it. However, this is not the case. If you're using the BT connected to the Avin display, the sound is not the same. It definitely "makes it worse and degrades it" not sure why. Way worse sound quality if you pay $99 for their carplay adapter and listen to music from there also. Which I did and definitely regret and do not recommend. If you have music stored on the Avin unit itself or have the Spotify app and use it from the display, then the quality sounds alot better like you would expect it to. No idea why the 4 sources can't all sound equal??? Best option would be to stream music through the USB dongle and just use the display for the other features. I've had the Avin unit installed in my car for a few months now. The best feature for me, is the backup camera. Very useful when parallel parking. Also YouTube (only works in 480p won't do 720p or 1080p. Very frustrating)

If you're wanting the display, get it from 4x4shop.ca they're better quality and they have better customer support by far. And maybe they have the audio figured out?

ok, i may just load up an sd card and listen off that then. Aside audio, i just need a reverse camera, maybe a forward camera to record, and gps via some offline gps app like iGO. So hows the gps signal, and do you have any experience with a forward facing camera to use as a dash cam? Thanks
Appreciate 0