View Single Post
      11-08-2017, 02:23 AM   #1
MERLIN335i
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: Gone: E92 M3 Competition Pack

How to check out an email address ??

As title really, need to find out who, where from (country), etc details for a particular email address. Long story, cut short, I have one of my classic bikes advertised on the net, and initially had an enquiry from an overseas buyer who turned out to be a scam merchant & total arse*ole . I obviously refused to sell it to him, he has since over a long period "engineered" other individuals & companies to buy it/scam it on his behalf.

So I am now suspicious of every enquiry I get, and the whole scenario is getting a bit wearing , just need a way of finding out who the sender is, without sending them lots of probing emails and playing Sherlock Holmes all the time.

The address to reply to, is forwarded in a message from the site it is advertised on, so normal checks only reveal the sites details, not the potential buyer's, any methods legal or otherwise of checking it out would be appreciated.

I don't suppose anyone here works at GCHQ, so any suggestions greatly appreciated, please PM me if need be.
Appreciate 0