View Single Post
      07-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #22
CJ421
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
You can get the RS1s with adjustable collars as Harold noted. That would give you adjustable height independent of the spring. My setup by comparison is dependent on the springs for ride height. As far as spring recommendations ... the ACS ones are the only ones I've heard of being recommended with this damper. Though I don't see why you could not use a standard spec 335 or M3 spring. I forget the exact reasoning why I don't have 335 springs in the front, just that they did not work. The rear is M3 because it's an M3 style shock and I have the M3 lower rear camber links.

These JRZ dampers are quite different because the they are designed to compensate for the spring and act in ways you would not expect of a damper. It's still important to choose the right spring (the key number is the spring rate you want); just realize a JRZ damper is far more effective than a 'normal' damper. I am still wrapping my head around the behavior of these dampers; since getting them installed I now understand things I could not have understood reading a book (which is what I've been doing for months). I'm usually not fascinated by things but am overwhelmed by the capabilities and sheer power of these dampers (and how utterly controlled it is). I wish I could explain better but I think it must be felt. I'm calling it magic for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicish22 View Post
great review.... u gonna love PSS!
Now I'm not going to stare at your tires at every meet.

Regarding ride height - my car has settled a tiny bit. Can't tell in a picture but it's lower. Going out of my driveway I slightly scrape the air deflector things under the front bumper. That did not happen initially. Here is what the car looks like, almost like factory with a slight rake towards the front. The stance is visibly different in person.
Attached Images

Last edited by CJ421; 07-10-2012 at 10:29 PM..
Appreciate 0