02-09-2017, 09:17 PM   #4
n55jb4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328xi 2007 Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMarty View Post
Yeah I was wondering if 20mm front spacers would fit. Maybe on the stock 16" wheels. My son's 18" fronts only uses 5mm spacers.

Heavier sway bars makes huge difference, even with stock springs. I put them on everything, F150, Jeep Cherokees, Excursion, even dodge minivan and taurus. Makes corning more flat and feel like 'ricky racer' ha. Ride height and ride quality is nearly the same, just flatter in the turns.

Yeah run flats suck but they probably have 1-2 year/30k left on them.

I have never done the charcoal delete but everyone raves about it. Our other BMW has the EURO intake which really made a big difference. And charcoal delete is free. I have a new EURO kit in the box on shelf at home and a 3 stage intake but I really don't want to spend that much on this car.
Oh 20mm would fit no problem, it's just that I have to clean side panels almost every other day from dirt tires are throwing at them - they just stick out too much, but I agree they look good

Yeah, I only mentioned sway bars, because when I wanted to reduce body roll, on suspension forum everyone said to not touch sway bars or change them as a last resort. It was implied that for e9x stock sway bars are matched precisely and exchanging it for a aftermarket sway bar will throw suspension out of tuned balanced and will degrade the ride. But hey, I have no idea if that's true or not

Good luck with mods
Appreciate 0