Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: N/A

Garage List
2011.5 BMW X1  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRat View Post
Thanks for the information everyone. I forgot to include that I was going from an E90 323i to another E90 330D. Whilst the information is useful I'm afraid I'm still a bit foggy on weather Australia actually got the car, I've done some research on the auto box, and the results of it, paired with an xHP tune are tempting, however I'm afraid I'll miss the involvement of a manual, and would prefer to get one over an auto, but if auto is the only option, then I'm happy to settle with it.
TomRat - I am coming onto this post a bit late, but pretty sure no manual 3Ltr diesel E90 series were available from the dealer in Oz (as is the case with the current but about to be superseded F30 series) - I only had the auto choice when I bought my 330D. But as others have said, the sports auto is terrific, and with the paddle shift minimises the turbo lag effect. The auto won't disappoint!

Check out the Motor Mag Bang For Your Bucks September 2010 Edition for just how quick and good the auto E92 330D is (0-100 6.25 sec; Qtr 14.39 sec; Wakefield lap 1:11.6; V Max 170 KPH).
Appreciate 0