View Single Post
      09-25-2021, 11:08 AM   #1
bpalmer7440
Rep
Drives: BMW 2014 F30

Bimmerlabs 328-to-330 MSV80 Winkfp Install -- Help Please

hassmaschine , Terraphantm , rjahl

My son and I got lured into swapping the single stage intake manifold to the 3-stage manifold by the E32William youtube video. We followed all of the Bimmerlab instructions precisely multiple times, but now have a bricked DME.

We started the process with a known working ODB II cable, and got 10% complete on the winkfp RSADelete process before the battery on the car died and the process failed. We then got a new battery and a ham radio, constant voltage, current supply and hooked that up to the car while doing the RSADelete. With this setup we got to 55% on the winkfp process before the no-communication (IFH-009) error on winkfp. We verified that the car was drawing around 20 amps while trying to program due to the water pump and fuel pump running. This is under the 40 A @ 15V rating of the battery charger and we have verified the terminal voltage is 13V during the program.

We then ordered a BimmerGeeks pro cable and got their technician to remotely logon to the system to help us verify that the cable was good and to get the car programmed. It was very obvious that this guy knows what he is doing. He stated that he could communicate with the DME, but that the DME doesn't know what it is e.g. it doesn't know that it is a DME, and that that is keeping him from being able to flash the DME. He verified that the cable was good.

He told me that he reached out to Terraphantm for additional help, and suggested that we contact bimmerlabs for help. We have done this a couple of times, but haven't gotten any response.

We need help forcing the MSV80 DME to accept a program. Does anyone know how to do this?
Appreciate 0