rjahl
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Garage List
2012 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpalmer7440 View Post
Twix , thank you for continuing to look at this. What about the link I posted told you that I was not running the RSADelete MSV80.bat file?
I moved my existing DEVELOP directory in C:\EC-APPS\NFS\data\ to C:\EC-APPS\NFS\data\DEVELOP.bimmergeeks and created a new C:\EC-APPS\NFS\data\DEVELOP. I then unzipped the MSV_RSADelete_0049QK0MI20S.zip into that directory. That directory contains:
MSV80.bat
MSV80.ctl
MSV80_RSADelete_004QK0MI20S.0pa
README.TXT
I double clicked on the MSV80.bat file and the link I posted shows the result. I did verify that the Com1 port settings were correct, that the battery charger was hooked up, and that INPA could connect to the car and IDENT the DME.

Based on my exchanges with the BimmerGeeks technician, my understanding is that there is some type of DME "forced erase" or something that needs to happen at this point to get the DME to accept the RSA Delete.

The link below shows the output of the INPA->IDENT command. I believe the problem is the DME doesn't know what kind of DME it is.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cjf0b_FBMZv5qvTqFgiR4OfXa8w8PWK1/view?usp=sharing
That's pretty standard for a DME in recovery mode.

It's not fully "booting up" so it's not able to report ID data over CAN.

Who from Bimmergeeks are you working with? I know Dylan is very experience and should be able to sort out our problems.
Appreciate 0