View Single Post
      09-27-2021, 05:21 PM   #16
bpalmer7440
Rep
Drives: BMW 2014 F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjahl View Post
That's a good sign, I would not worry about the temperature thing, looks like it's not supported for your DME.

It appears like your DME is running but can't get past boot mode with no valid program installed. If winfkp comfort mode can't get a valid software ID it won't work.

Expert mode has fewer checks and will flash just about anything onto the DME right or wrong. If you know the actual stock program and calibration file for your car, you can copy them into the Develop folder and flash them from expert mode. Tick the update program box before you start. Look at the Bimmerlabs batch files for full address of the develop folder. Expert mode will only look in that folder for files.

Warning, you need to be sure that you have selected the correct 0da and 0pa files as winfkp will not check them in expert mode. If your are not 100% sure don't do it.

If this process starts but fails before 99%, you have something wrong with your laptop, cable , ODB port battery etc.

15 minutes for 50% seems slow, do you have the trace value set to zero?

I know, this a scary. Had this happen to me a long time ago and there were no resources available to help me through it. Even sent my DME to AA for help but they could not fix it. They simple gave up and mailed it back to me. In the end, I recovered mine using expert mode.
rjahl , thank you for taking time to look at this and provide some much valuable feedback.
As far as the stock program for the car, we have tried to go through the .his files for his program version 7576636, but don't have the 'latest' file available in our SP-Daten (we are on 60.1 I believe). hassmaschine has told me with confidence that the stock tunes on the Bimmerlabs website are correct for this DME. When I use the "findECU" program it tells me to use the ZB# 8608330, which corresponds to one of the numbers on the Bimmerlabs site. The Bimmerlabs site though has HW# -Program and ZB# - Tune - (Batch Flash/Raw/Binary). This is a screenshot of what I get for stock tunes in our Bimmerlabs account.

Given that 8608330 correlates with the second row of that table, which files do I need to download, e.g. both 7602220A.0pa.zip and S8608329.0da.zip, or just one or the other? If I store these in the DEVELOP folder, then I assume that I would use 12MSV80.prg for the P-SGDB, 12msv80.ipo for the PADB, 12 as the ECU-Address, and then what for the Data file and Program file? Is the Data file the 7602220A.0pa file, and the Program file the S8608329.0da file?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0