11-28-2011, 10:02 PM   #31
Thumperx
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335I coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFish View Post
This just shows how complex the modding is.. you can't just change one arm, and you have to look at your objectives of your modding.
Absolutely agree

Quote:
I wanted the car to handle as good as a M3. Springs/shocks/M3 arms all round, subframe, toe links, sways and LSD in retrospect should have all been done at the same time. I wanted the car to be solid and rid myself of the understeer that I believe to be very excessive.

When I did the Dinan stage 3 - I did the front M3 arms at the same time and then the rear end was all wobbly. The LSD, rear bar, rear M3 arms when on after that and it was a massive step in fixing this - but it still wasn't right. The toe arms now have this under control.

All of this to have the massive power I have now to go in a straight line where I point it... like the M3 does.
Sounds like we both went through threw same type of process. Bit here, another bit change there. All to find out, oops I'm upside down in another area. Higher amounts of power will show the flaws very quickly about a person's setup. The changes must be done evenly. Placing BKKs are just as important as the toe links.

Quote:
Looking at the 335i stock parts coming off this car, I can't believe it went straight stock.... everything is rubber....
Here's an example of the OEM vs VM links. Plus, the OEM link looks like complete garage. The M3 links look more proper.
Attached Images

Name: Blanca | 07 E92 | AW-Blk | ZSP | Alcon BBK | M3 Bits | VM RR Links | Koni | UUC Sways | V5 | Dinan CAI | ETS IC | Fge DV | ER CP | Cyba | Raden. Exh | Mod Step | Trunk Drawer | Perf LED Wheel | Illum Dr Sills | IS Shifter | Parrot | Philps D1S | 6000k fog | MTECH RR | CSL Trunk | Aero | Roof Spoiler | PSS on BBS RS-GT 19s