View Single Post
      11-20-2014, 06:08 PM   #1
Kakigori
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive sedan

Halogen lights...so frustrating!

Hi,
I've posted once or twice already about headlights on my 2011 328xDrive with halogen lights. The more research I do here and on other forums, the more confused I get. I want to upgrade with quality products but my car is also still under warantee.
The halogen headlights, fog lights and angel eyes are yellowish and seemingly dim. I want to improve roadlighting at night, have a whiter light and more noticable angel eyes during the day as DRL. As a side note, I also have to figure in that my headlight covers are badly pitted from winter salt and sand and I will either replace the entires pods or pay for an expensive polish-out.

1) OEM BMW xenons might be the best alternative long-term. How do these compare to BMW OEM halogens, a really noticable whiter and better light-throwing upgrade, albit expensive?
2) ECS Tuning, ebay and others sell an entire headlight assembly with either halogen or xenon replacements pods. This would solve my sand-pitted covers, too but I still need to decide what bulbs to then use.
3) Polish out the headlight covers and upgrade the halogen bulbs and angel eyes to different ones, but which ones? Some say 5000k gives gives a whiter light but thrown might be less.

All very confusing. Can some weigh in on the "best" solution for brighter and whiter lights up front?
Thanks
Appreciate 0