Tr1ppy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann View Post
If suggest getting it dynod elsewhere.
Their rollers may just be out
Thanks, someone else suggested that when I was there so I may do that but I have noticed that the car has been a little sluggish since last September. I also think its got slower due to me changing tyre profile but this may be placebo.
I went up a profile size on the rears from 255/30 to 255/35 and switched to non-RFT to protect the rims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not a Diesel!!! View Post
RS4's drop a lot of power due to Carbon build up. That's well documented due to Di.

I had my intakes walnut blasted at 66k the build up was bad but not as bad as pics I have seen for 335i.

I had the injectors done after that on warranty. Car now runs very well. That's not to say it ran that bad before. Most noticeable sign of poor running was a black exhaust pipe & slight fluctuation on idle. Showing the car was running very rich. Post the work I can now drive a couple of hundred miles with no build up. Before that it was 2-3 miles.

So have a look at your pipe & maybe spark plugs.... old school way to decide how well your engine is running.

Yes my tips are quite black but I thought this was normal for a DI. The injectors were replaced under warranty in 2010.

An oil service as well as spark plug change is on the cards. The plugs have never been changed (as far as I know) since 2010 when the car was on 25k miles, it is now on 65k.

I may also do a Terraclean service as they do a seperate intake clean alongside the usual injector/cylinder clean.
Appreciate 0