View Single Post
      05-08-2008, 01:16 AM   #1
Vince@ V K Motorwerks
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 01 Black 911 Turbo, 09 X5

V K Motorwerks, preliminary oil cooler test!

I have been testing the oil cooler I got lucky that yesterday’s temps here were about 80 degrees.

I had a 335i without an oil cooler, one with the BMW sports package oil cooler, and my car with the V K Motorwerks oil cooler. We hit the highway one car at a time. First was my car. During normal cruise the car’s oil needle just sat at about 210-220F. I have a ton of mods on my car as you can see by my sig and my normal driving (not spirited) temps were always 250 before I got the oil cooler installed. I hit the highway and drove hard keeping the car in third gear most of the time for about 10 miles. The cars oil temps reached at the highest point only 240F! Then I drove the car with no oil cooler the same way within about 6 miles the car went into limp mode and oil temps were at 300 degrees!!! We stopped pushing that car at that time. Then we jumped into the car with the oil cooler from BMW. We did a run and the temps got to a peak of 260F and were climbing.

Now for the interesting part the temps after 5 min of normal driving after the hard run in my car the oil temps were back down to the 215 mark. The car with limp mode was at 270. The car with the oil cooler from BMW was at 240ish.

I will be testing the car further at a race track against the cars. I want to book a track so that we can do about 5 hot laps each and see what happens.

The full specs should be released soon. Stay tuned.

sorry about the pics they were taken from my cell.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0