View Single Post
      01-20-2024, 10:51 PM   #5068
Coupes33
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 335i, 2017 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
Hey Coupes. So nice to see you name pop up again !!! Page 1 update (sry about that) Yep very quite in here (tumble weed rolls by) hahaha. Yes Vince did an amazing job. Still needs Tim to do his tuning magic but otherwise, the low mount is great. Performance wise, it pulls better and is probably 10% smoother due to the old set up having a long term boost leak and damaged turbine blades. Sound wise not much difference. Can still hear the turbo spool and BOV sounds The major advantage is heat management. No more melted coils etc. Had to replace the bimmerlife coils with the B58s simply because they were cooked. Car is running really nice expect for a long crank when hot. Be interested to see how it goes on the dyno when Tim gets the tune properly dialled in. Nice to hear from you again mate. Have you still got your car? If not what are you driving now??
Yes Socks, I still have the 335i. I had a 8HP75 transmission installed and got it down to 10.6s on 20psi boost and e30 fuel. The transmission is great for driving around town and quicker down the strip. I also have a M240i Xdrive G42 with no mods which is a pleasure to drive. How do you find the B58 coils? My BL R8 coils started to play up so I am back to the OEM coils currently. They worked ok when I did the 10.6 so I haven't bothered replacing them as yet.
Appreciate 0