View Single Post
      04-06-2018, 03:39 PM   #1
GEOS07335i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335i

Garage List
Review vs-tmap-bov-line-adapter

Did you just get a new Charge Pipe with a different type of BOV. Chances are your probably going to tap into your intake. If your like me and didn't want to deal with the hassle then check this out. Vader Solutions has an adapter that plugs right into your tmap sensor housing. https://vadersolution.com/products/v...v-line-adapter Took me less than 10 minutes to install and your good to go. So far I'm loving it. My BOV now releases like it's supposed to.

NOTE:The pic is of the un-anodized one. Not sure if they sell them in this fashion. They typically come in anodized black but since my car was down I reached out to them and they were kind enough to send me an un-anodized version as they were out of stock on the black anodized ones.

Not much to note but hear are some pics. Very easy to install.

TIAL requires a 1/4" line from the intake so in my case with the stock vacuum 3.5mm hose running the 10psi (black) spring I was getting compressor surge (sounds like the turbo's are spuddering)

Here is what you need:

1/8 to 1/4" NPT brass nipple (fine thread) picked up at ACE hardware for $3.29
1/4" ID Vacuum Line picked up at Pep Boys for $4.59 get 2ft even though you will trim a little off.
Vader Solutions vs-tmap-bov-line-adapter $60 + shipping

NOTE: Make sure you cap off your stock intake port. If you like the Ghetto style just take a screw and screw it in. (Good if you have plans on running a boost gauge just tap into that line and save your self some trouble). See last pic red circle bottom right.

If I were the vendor I would make a complete kit including a 1/4" NPT fitting and 2ft of vacuum hose for a few extra dollars and save us the hassle.
Attached Images

Last edited by GEOS07335i; 07-15-2018 at 06:23 PM..
Appreciate 4