Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330d M Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSweet1991 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueh88 View Post
Yep, exactly like yours.
Are you seeing the same leak as I've shown in my original post? And what was the reason for the new turbo? Was you experiencing play in the shaft? how did it compare with my vid?
Hi mate,

I still get a bit of oil on the cold side of turbo intake like you mentioned, and for the life of me I have never once pulled the EGR pipe off without seeing a puddle there either.. my turbo seals completely collapsed, it was a right mess smoking real bad but I acted on it instantly and took it to Best Turbos who built me a new one. Shaft is very tight with very little play side to side which is expected as we have a floating bearing and of course no in and out movement at all, your shaft play in your video is way more than mine.. that said like the other chap mentioned that's not to say it's gone or anything.

But back to the point, mine is still doing this after the turbo was replaced, breather replaced, EGR cleaned, flaps blanked, rocker cover gasket replaced and much more but not once have I ever solved the oil loss and vapour and to this day don't know why which is why I'm very intrigued to see if the vortex filter has any impact.
Cool cool. nice one for the info...are you mapped...?
Appreciate 0