06-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #68
jpdb
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M,M2,M2,M2C,X3M,X3MC,M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
I don't follow what you want to say with all this.

Can you show me a better source so that we can all see when N55 engine won this Award? It is obviously number 5 among 6 candidates in this year and it was the N54 last year too but if I remember wrong and all these sources are misleading then where is the true source?

In the meantime this is what was awarded and what was told last year (2011), quoted from the car advice web site which itself quotes the Panel member which awarded in 2011:

Taking the 2.5- to 3.0-litre award was BMW’s 3.0-litre direct-injection twin-turbo petrol straight-six engine. The engine will power the upcoming BMW 1 Series M Coupe. It’s also a derivative of the current BMW 135i, BMW 335i, BMW 535i, and xDrive35i model engines. This will be the fifth year running for the engine, although it has been revised over the years. It produces 225kW and 400Nm in standard trim. Panelist Padraic Deane said,

“Amazing torque levels with super flat distribution. Add to that the masterful use of turbos and high precision injection and you’ve got a superb engineering product.”
That's the link were it is clearly stated the N55 won (before that the N55 never competed as it wasn't in the market)
http://blog.autoworld.com.my/index.p...lts-announced/

Here's a quote of what they said:
"2.5-litre to 3-litre – BMW N55B30 3.0-litre Twin-Scroll Turbo

This category has been BMW’s playground since the award’s inception, with 2003 and 2004 being the only years that the gong did not land in Munich. This year, it’s a one-two finish for the Bavarians with the petrol-powered N55B30 twin-scroll turbo engine taking top honours followed by the twin turbo version of the N57D30 3.0-litre diesel.

Most BMW models bearing the 35i designation now use the N55, though some, like the Z4, continue with the older twin turbo N54 of similar performance. The engine produces 306hp and 400Nm, the latter served on a window that spans from 1,200 to 5,000rpm."

And to finish i only say that this year the award returned to the N54 because they awarded the "evolution" of the N54 not the original one, that's very clear when they quote the M Coupe, Z4is and 335is
Appreciate 0