View Single Post
      01-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
getrich
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i

installed new koni sports and ride is still HORRIBLE... why?

i have an 07 E92 335i coupe that came with factory sport package, after 50,000 miles, i felt it was time to buy new shocks. I had the 19" M6 reps on the car before and ran Nankang NS2 235/35/19 and 265/30/19s , the ride was terrible, i live in NYC so theres a pothole on every block and every highway, everytime i hit even a small pothole i felt it thru the cabin and into my bones. it was so harsh it felt like someone was taking a sledge hammer and smashing it against my wheels, after cracking 1 front rim and denting another one i bought the new Koni Adjustables, i had them installed and left it on the softest settings, I used the OEM Bmw sport springs,to my surprise the ride was STILL TERRIBLE, i am highly disappointed to the point i want to just sell the car. The car had just under 60,000 miles when i installed the new Konis ,I now have 19" Breyton Spirit2s with General Exclaim UHP 235/35/19 and 265/30/19, the ride only got a tiny bit better after the new suspension, but i can still feel every bump and every pothole, the handling isnt so much better either but i guess thats because i have it set to softest setting. Does anyone else have the same setup? Driving this car, it DOES NOT FEEL LIKE A CAR THAT HAS NEW SHOCKS/STRUS, Ive had a brand new E60 5 series sedan with 19" rims and OEM suspension and i didnt feel every bump or potholes.