View Single Post
      07-08-2013, 06:47 AM   #103
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C350 Coupe

Garage List
Matt and I drove the planned route on Saturday and enjoyed tremendous scenery and wonderful sunshine. It was definitely worth a test run as a few things became evident.

It's not a racing route! Although we made good progress on quite a few sections there are lots of twisty, bumpy sections, undulating and deceptive long straights and nasty dips and there are moments when the car can get out of shape suddenly and unexpectedly. I took off at least once over a ridge and if you get it wrong it's a long way down to the bottom of the valley in places!

there are loads of sightseeing, slow driving tourists around and they pose a hazard in themselves. We had one hairy moment when I overtook two cars, was about to tuck in behind a third and the cockwhisk slammed on his anchors in a moment of panic/stupidity, leaving me no space. I had to power past him towards a rapidly approaching tight corner! Matt then encountered the same stupidity from him when he went to overtake.

Having said that we were happy to drive hard when we could and cruise along taking in the stunning scenery when we couldn't. There are plenty of stop off points for photos, the pub was pleasant and the ice cream in Holmfirth was excellent! The Northern Meets have always been focused on the social side as much as the drive and we're keen to keep that spirit. If anyone really has the desire to drive faster than we're prepared to go, we will issue waypoints and stop-offs and you can meet us there.

As far as food is concerned I now have all lunch orders. Matt and I and our respective partners will meet anyone stopping over on Friday for a quiet drink and a civilised meal in Halifax. We'll sort a reservation out.

On the Saturday, we were going to book a place in Halifax, but we've decided that you really deserve a legendary Bradford curry! The place I go to will give us a generous discount and it's fully licensed and presents quality food. We can take in a bar or two before or after the meal....or both! A taxi from Halifax to Bradford will cost about £4-5 each with 4 sharing. If anyone has any objections to a taxi ride and /or curry, please let me know asap.
Attached Images

RockIt!

Last edited by RockIt; 07-09-2013 at 06:43 AM..
Appreciate 0