View Single Post
      12-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #172
Thunder Dump
That tickles
Rep
Drives: '09 328i E93 SGM/CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpb View Post
What I wonder is: when Tischer says early CIC cars must be updated at the dealer, does this mean the dealer does the update via some other method, or does the dealer update the car software and then do map update via USB?
I'm guessing they update it, and then do the map install via USB. My 01/09 build 2009 E93 had no trouble updating via USB, *but* now that I think about it, I did my very first map update (from 2009 to 2010 maps) at the dealer (at a cost of $240). At the time I had the infamous 'shopping cart bug' problem with the navigation so they updated the car's firmware before doing the map update. So my firmware isn't the original--it has the version that was out around March 2010.

Boman993, in your iDrive, if you have the main map screen displayed and you press down on the iDrive controller, do the two grey info boxes (time/radio channel, map scale, etc) disappear/reappear? This was one of the changes in the newer firmware and a good way to distinguish cars with newer firmware vs original (pre-2010) firmware.
Appreciate 0