07-08-2014, 09:02 AM   #87
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkdog View Post
I concur with many on here... the thought of piping in engine noise is fodder for laughs; I think it's ridiculous and stupid. But it wouldn't stop me from driving the car, and enjoying it!

One has to remember that we are the minority; we are the 1 percenters who know our car's owner's manual front to back, and my wife says I look at other peoples' cars the way I look at other peoples' wimmen

The average BMW owner is not an enthusiast. I see them every day with their dust-packed wheels and untinted windows. It's just a car. They see 'active sound' on the window sticker and say to themselves, "Well, at least I know the stereo'll sound good!" and then when they feed the pedal they hear the 'engine' and like the car.

So for me, it's like Comfort Access or Memory Seats - I just don't care.
ITT: People complaining about a luxury automaker building cars with luxury features.

"Hey look! That guy who wanted a luxury car and paid extra money for one actually got a navigation system with his! What an idiot! REAL BMW enthusiasts don't need any of that nonsense! Give us the same equipment you'd find in a base Corolla for three times the price because we're cool like that!"

BMW caters to people who want luxury features and a specific driving experience, not to the high schoolers who drool over Subaru BRZ's and Scion FR-S's (not to knock those two cars as I'm sure they're a blast to drive for reasonable prices).

Give me a break, take your childish nonsense over to Jalopnik. This is seriously the dumbest thread I've read in a long time.

If you want a track car that's full of raw feeling, head over to Porsche, but buy used. New Porsche's (new anything) with all their technology won't feel as raw as previous generations.
Appreciate 0