View Single Post
      08-29-2015, 08:07 AM   #626
Tim G
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 3.0d LCI

So just spent the best part of 2 hours destroying the skin on my hands trying to fit the 20w H8 LEDs.

Drivers side, no problems. Passenger side, couldn't get the bulb to fit for love nor money. Now it is difficut to work out the problem, becuase it is very tight, and you have limited vision, but it appears like there is a piece of plastic in the way of the where the heat sink needs to drop into, meaning you can't quite get the bulb 'engaged' in the holder & locked into place. I certainly cant turn it to get it to lock. If it isn't this, then its something to do with the 3 tabs not going into the 3 slots, and me not being able to turn the bulb to secure it, but I suspect the former.

As I say, its damn tight in there so virtually immposible to figure out whats going on when your hand is in there.

Here's a PIC of the 'suspected' offending piece of plastic (right in the middle of the photo where the red & blue wires appear to come from) which you can see is slightly scuffed from the heat sink.

Has anyone else had problems with the H820w bulbs on their E90/91?

Last edited by Tim G; 08-29-2015 at 08:42 AM..
Appreciate 0