09-18-2010, 05:25 PM   #35
adrianBMW99
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerG View Post
Just curious... How long did it take to replace? How much is it out of pocket?
Well, I left the car overnight because it was already later in the day and most of the techs had already left. The dealership handled it well, I got a 328i loaner so all it cost me was $8 in gas money. It's a brand new car so if it cost me anything, I would have shitted a brick. I spoke with one of the techs the next day and they said that it is actually a little harder to do this in an N55 because there are more components that have to come off first. My guess is that when one knows what he is doing, this is a process that should probably take no longer than 4-5 hrs including software programming (if new software is available). No one, however; was particularly optimistic about this new pump so who knows . As far as costs to them, I imagine it cost well over a grand, a new HPFP is somewhere in the neighborhood of $720 (from what I've heard) plus 4-5 hrs of labor at probably $90-100 so around $1200 is my best guess.

Whoever has a modded car, it is wise to make sure that particular part (fuel pump) on your car does not get its warranty voided because it will cost in the long run.
Appreciate 0