05-17-2011, 10:31 PM   #353
norman_100390
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 328CI

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone157 View Post
Ahh...no. No, that is not supposed to happen. It sounds like you got the wrong capacitor, because it exploded. Here's the best analogy I have to what happened:
Imagine a garden hose. Ok, now, Imagine a garden hose turned on, with your finger over the end. If you keep the pressure on what most houses would send out, its pretty easy right? Ok, now, imagine you are holding your thumb on the end of a garden hose. But this time, it's hooked up to a pressure washer used to clean jet engines. Your thumb would not be able to hold back that pressure--in fact, it would probably be removed from your hand with the pressure. Imagine the water in the hose is the electricity going to the bulbs, and your thumb is the capacitor.
well i got the right capacitor ive double checked the numbers and everything...

anyways i got both of them to work. now my only issue is that while driving
my car around it throws me the fog light/ low beam error and either the left or right just cuts out. they turn on when i restart the car but after a few minutes it cuts out again or it just throws the error light at me. dont know what to do anymore... i followed this threads instructions all the way through....

thanks!