View Single Post
      03-26-2006, 01:47 PM   #91
DCGBMW
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i/Jet Black/Sport/Prem

I have a 325i with a stick and sport package and I just changed my oil at 1600 miles following this great post. I used the 12000 lb Rhino Ramps and had no problems with slipping or tire width. My drain bolt is painted black and parallel to the ground. With a little touch up paint the dealer will never know, imo. The oil looked pretty clean but I am happy I dropped it anyway. I live in Houston where the heat and humidity take a toll on a vehicle. Interestingly, my wife has an '06 Infiniti G35 sedan and the dealer provides 24 months free service. Based on our climate they recommend and will change the oil at 3750 miles (non-synthetic).

By the way, as an owner of an '06 BMW and '06 G35, I can say with the utmost conviction that Inifiniti is not the "Japanese BMW" as my sales rep said. The G35's 270 hp engine provides a lot of low end torque but if that's all you want buy a Mustang. The handling isn't even close. Additionally, BMW's seats and leather quality are superior to Infiniti. (My G has the premium package without navigation.) In fact, the interior in the G is somewhat cheap looking.
Appreciate 0