05-05-2008, 11:15 AM   #3
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 GTI, E86 Z4 3.0si Racecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320what View Post
why those? they are a bit noisy and not a match for only slightly more expensive Goodyear F1, Bridgestone Potenzas or Michelin PS2s, at least according to latest test for 18in size i've read a week ago. Like got 8.1 out 10 when others named above scored around 8.9 or 8.8. Small difference may be, but they were like losing out on all counts except in wet. Also bit noisy - though all wet oriented tyres are on noisier side.

I thought my pS2s were noisy but after driving on highway speeds I realized they are actually super quiet. Friend has those Vredestein's on his Merc C class and they are noisier even with his car's superior sound proofing.

But hey, may be its different where you are and you like them, and I know remmib here has them and he likes them very much. So tests are subjective.
They're worth a look. Here in the states, they are half the price of all the tires you listed.
2015 GTI S, 6M, LP, Volk TE37SL 17x8.5, Michelin PSS 245/40, HPA SHS Coil-Overs, Peloquin LSD, Sachs SRE, Eurocode F/R Sway Bars, SuperPro Control Arms, Remus Catback, IS38 Turbo, APR Stage 2+ Tune, APR DP/IC, APR CAI, Forge Turbo Blanket, Aero Force Gauge Pod, APR Boost Gauge, Kersher Front Lip, Short Shifter, Tyrolsport Deadset, Stoptech BBK, HPA Dogbone
2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe - because racecar