View Single Post
      04-18-2006, 02:20 PM   #45
QwaZyWabbiT
Cook
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335 PREM SPORT AUTO

I sell BMW. I used to be in retail, graduated college, was recruited by a fortune 500 company making 70k starting out (base plus), so I wanted a new car. After exhaustive research into the dealerships as well as the cars, I got hooked. It is a great business. Granted there are some shady dealerships out there, and even more shady salespeople, but my salesman was the one of the most professional salespeople I have ever encountered in any industry. We got to talkin a bit about selling for BMW, and I decided to find out for myself. I work 50 hours a week, average 13 cars a month, and have found that I truely LOVE my new career. People talk about shitty hours, but you dont find that in high line dealerships. You dont ride around in a golf cart and have to deal with fanfare, baloons, clowns, and "tricks" or "employee discount purchasing" to get a sale. It is fantastic, professional, fun, and lucrative. I am on track to make 100k plus in my first year. Not anyone can do this job. You have to commit yourself. Experienced sales professionals know one secret- it takes 2 things to make in sales 1) you have to be prepared when opportunity strikes 2) you have to work half a day everyday--and it dont matter what 12 hours you are willing to work. This is the best advice i ever received. It was given to me by one of my mentors.
Appreciate 0