04-27-2006, 12:02 PM   #62
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
When I am able to buy a $40,000 shirt, I will let you know. You keep bringing up percentages, but the sheer value of the items you are comparing are so different, that percentages mean squat. You're right about cheaper things being marked up, but a $50 shirt that is marked up 100% won't damage the wallet as much as ONE percent for a $40K car. I buy clothing that are on sale anyway.

I was going to bring up the point about how new car sales don't account for the majority of the dealer's profit. Why do we have to pay for your fourteen million dollar dealership? Did your clients ask for a larger dealership that they'll spend practically no time in?

I see what your saying about the dollar for dollar comparison as opposed to percentages. We built the facility as an investment basically hoping that the service we provide will pay that back 10 fold. I am not saying that you have to pay for our 14m dollar facilty but if you do buy a car here you will get very good service which is most important to most people. I dont see anyting wrong with making 2000 on a 40k car but some people feel like they are getting screwed with this type of pricing when they really arent. We dont run a not for profit business we are here to make money just like any other business. I just think too many people give the dealership a very hard time and want everything for free. Look at some members on the board here always saying I want this and this and this with the deal and if you say no they think your crazy. I agree with what your saying also but I just want to shed more light on how it is to deal with people as a client advisor.
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0