View Single Post
      08-13-2008, 09:03 AM   #50
spazmojack
Rep
Drives: 2008 e91

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc68386 View Post
I don't really like pushing the fader biased to the front as a workaround, because then the rear is totally silent 90% of the time, turning my $1500 11 speaker system into a 7 speaker (front only) system.

Has anyone gotten the dealer to admit a problem, or even *GASP* fix it?
The issue stems from the audio processor within the vehicle trying to synthesize a surround sound effect from what is originally recorded in 2-channel. It's not really a problem with the stereo as much as it is a technical limitation; so I doubt you are going to get any dealer to "admit" to it being a problem, let alone trying to fix something they don't have the answer for. That piece will just have to come in time through research of BMW's audio dept...either that or artists start to make their recordings surround sound instead of 2-channel.

In the meantime, we just have to deal with workarounds. Some shove the fader towards the front, some deal with it as is. Personally, I leave logic 7 off (unchecked) so the music plays in 2-channel mode from the stereo. Sure you don't get the gee whiz surround effect, but I think it sounds better as two channel anyways. Plus you can do what you please with the fader without having to worry about rear sound cutting out.
Appreciate 0