View Single Post
      02-10-2021, 08:09 PM   #1005
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

I haven’t updated my build thread in ages as TBH I haven’t done much to the old gal!

When I had a new precision raceworks stage 3 LPFP installed when I filled up with fuel the gauge stayed where it was at and kept going down until it hit full empty..

Running an E40 blend this makes it extremely difficult for when you go to fill up you don’t know how much fuel you really need. Then covid hit I sold a house and moved into a new build and I bought a new daily driver…

I’d been chasing my mechanic for a while he focuses solely on race builds these days so he builds the car from scratch (strips car roll cage paints it designs aero builds engine builds shocks etc etc) so huge builds but finally managed to him in to installed a slightly thicker front sway bar.

I went with a E93 m3 bar chatting to vince he believes the heavier chassis of the E92 compared to the E88 benefit from a thicker front sway to make the car turn in and respond quicker to steering inputs albeit with the trade off being slightly less front end grip and had my mechanic check the sensor.

Turns out the sensor was faulty from new a small piece of the circuit board was broken, when I was chatting to Vince he informed me that he had installed a PR stage 2 and the cores they use are a Chinese rep item not a OE VDO.. Bit disappointing to hear when they charge big $ for them, but I can understand why they go this way when they junk most of the components to build a stage 3..

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 263
Size:  426.6 KB

Used sensor from titium to swap in:

Name:  146366380_1170076036780408_4611299758784025838_n.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  122.9 KB

PR were quick to respond and have sent me another sensor, but after learning that they’re Chinese items and the oem item new was about $200+ AUD delivered from FCP I decided to look for a used item and thankfully titium had a used one he didn’t need. Wacked the used sensor in from titium and away it went, so I can now start tuning once again with Tuned By Tim and knock out some more map revisions!

Once the tune is done I don’t have too many more plans for the car (I would like to remove the gloss black roof wrap and respray it gloss black) fit some side skirt extensions and possibly design a custom front splitter to suit the rep M3 front bar and I have a set of solid subframe bushings and rear monoballs yet to install.

I was looking at a BBK, but I’m not tracking the car yet (sadly all the racetracks in my local area that are in development stages just seem to go quite and wither away) and the AP racing pro 5000R BBK’s are seriously expensive (but also extremely sexy!) but I’ll hold off and see what the future holds..

Name:  Capture1.PNG
Views: 278
Size:  333.2 KB

Name:  Capture2.PNG
Views: 267
Size:  411.6 KB

https://www.apmotorsport.co.uk/produ...-cp9660-e92-m3

Last edited by DR-JEKL; 02-10-2021 at 08:15 PM..
Appreciate 0