06-22-2020, 09:07 PM   #6
dan4081
2009 E90 328i
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PORTMOODY View Post
I hope so. The 1 series guys really led the way with these units and I found their info very helpful. I just wanted to do my part and build on that.

The power wire is looped into the main harness on the Joying unit. It is not left unplugged for you to tap into a fuse. Personally, I don't see any reason to tap into a fuse at this point. The system boots up lightning quick. Literally 1-2 seconds even with the car sitting overnight. I still have my lighting settings on the cluster retained. I haven't checked other settings to be honest. At this point I haven't found a reason to hard wire it to a fuse tap.

With the Eonon unit it was not connected to anything and I believe they expected you to tap into a fuse. Their unit took a solid 20 seconds or so to boot up when the car went to sleep. The only thing right now I still feel the Eonon does better is the sound quality. Their equalizer had way more bands and perhaps the presets could have been optimized for our cars. I haven't been able to pinpoint it. I need to play around with the EQ on the joying to see if I can dial it in better. Eventually I will likely get a DSP/AMP so I can really benefit from the digital out.

In terms of things I needed, it is quite a small list:
  • Joying Head Unit
  • Metra Single Din Fascia for BMW 1/3 series
  • Plastic Pry Tool
  • T20 Torx Screwdriver
  • Double Sided Tape
Thanks for this list but how about the wiring harness?
Did you buy it from Joying?
Also the BMW canbus...did you have to request it from Joying and how much did it cost?
Also, the 9mm adapters.

Thanks, just want to make sure I have a full list for whenever I decide to change out my unit.
Appreciate 0