View Single Post
      03-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #3
richpike
Captain
Rep
Drives: MDX, LR4

To be honest, our roads in the Springs clear very quickly and I'm going to be putting my summers on in a couple weeks. But you never know and I like your preparation. Here are my two recommendations:

1. Costco on North Nevada. If you don't have a Costco membership, get one. The guys there are awesome. They only carry Michelin and Bridgestone, and if you are running sport package sizes they'll have to order them in, but they'll take great care of you. I'm running Blizzaks and love them, although next time I'll probably switch to a square setup for my winters.
2. If you don't want to go the Costco route and/or don't want to wait, go to Discount Tire on Garden of the Gods Rd. They are great too and can likely get any tire you want within 24hours. Just watch your wheels closely to make sure they didn't damage them getting your RFTs off. They damaged one of mine a while ago, but bought me a new OEM wheel to fix it.
3. If all else fails, go to Winslow. They are a very good dealership, probably still have snows in stock and will do a great job. The only drawback is you'll pay more.

BTW - check out all the winter tire ratings on Tirerack if you want help deciding what to buy.

Welcome to the Springs! Going to be different from Austin, but it is a fantastic city. Make sure to come to a RM BMWCCA bummer burger nights this spring and say hi.

-Rich

Last edited by richpike; 03-03-2013 at 12:24 PM..
Appreciate 0