View Single Post
      01-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #10
mlifxs
Diamond Geezer
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2007 328i Saloon

Garage List
I've had the belt tensioner issue. Before repairing, it would have a high pitch sound such as this. Belt was creeping off one of the pulleys, maybe by an 1/8th of an inch. Once repaired, it went away.

Afterwards, though, I developed another problem. I'd get a high pitched whistle noise and at first, I thought the tensior issue was back. It would happen maybe once a month. Whistle noise would occur when I lifted off the gas, would go away when I stepped on the gas. If I came to a stop, the car would run rough and might stall out. I could shut off the car and restart and it would be gone. This went on for about six months before ever throwing a code. The code thrown suggested a stuck vanos sensor, as one possibility. After switching vanos sensors, the code followed the sensor, so I cleaned both sensors thoroughly and since then (over three months), the problem has not re-appeared.

May or may not have anything to do with your problem but thought I'd throw it out there if you still haven't resolved.
Appreciate 0