View Single Post
      01-13-2021, 10:55 AM   #14
edycol
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie335i View Post
I think the initial bite that people are used to with the OEM brake pads gives the impression that they have more stopping power. I like that I can feather in the brakes more smoothly with the Akenono. And yes, zero dust. To me smooth is good, as it is a BMW. It comes down to this: If you want less, or no, dust get the Akebonos and be done with it. If you want the impression of stronger brakes you'll also have to deal with brake dust.
Some people that I know tried to use AK on track, bcs. marketing and good fade resistance.
They are 10-15sec slower compared to OE or OEM pads.
If you want true performance ceramic pad that is on par with OE, you would have to pay much more than some $90.
Compound that AK are made of are really good on minivans etc. where profile of drivers are different. Those pads have pretty good longevity, are good on rotors and have good fade resistance. Fade resistance is very important as that profile of driver spends a lot of time utilizing brakes downhill etc.
But they are far cry from performance pads. That is why no one uses that compound to make street performance, track or racing pads. You cannot have it both ways.
Appreciate 1