View Single Post
      12-11-2010, 01:31 PM   #136
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XE P250 HSE

Garage List
Revealing too much about his cars might reveal who he is which implies he is, or thinks he is, someone who might be publicly known - yet his forum name is "ordinarybloke". The words "field day" and "psychologist" spring to mind.

Despite being stuck in Snowland, hundreds of miles from most of these people, I have met quite a few of them over the last few years and liked some more than others but I would not describe any of them as "ordinary" a trait I am sure OB would also attribute to himself.

It depends upon your definition of ordinary of course. If you live in a section of society where £100k annual salary was "poverty-ville", you'd never set foot on a public bus and economy class was for those without taste then the members on this forum (some at least) could well be quite ordinary.

However, if you have had to associate with all kinds on a daily basis then "ordinary" would take a new definition.

To me it is odd that after what, a year, Biscuits hasn't got this resolved one way or the other and being, at least, half Scottish, there is no way on God's Earth I would let £1,000 of my money go a-begging for such a long time - but I'm not Biscuits, I'm not living his life so I can't comment.

There hadn't been a single post on this thread since December 2009 when someone new joined in March 2010 to sing Blade Group's praises and he didn't drive a BMW E9x which additionally made it suspicious because why join a forum for which you have no interest -and reply to an old thread. Biscuit posted in reply but hadn't posted apart from that for a year - not exactly keeping it going, was he? Until OB resurrected it.

As for OB's criticism of the thread title, that is a way of looking at it from one side. To the rest of us, at the time, before taking sides, it's a title that smacks of the poster's annoyance, frustration and upset - nothing more.
Appreciate 0