View Single Post
      05-19-2005, 08:50 PM   #1
johnfkitchen
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 323is & 330i

Thumbs up Wagner BMW of Shrewsbury, Massachusetts

We have had our 1998 323is serviced at Wagner's for some years. Very happy with the experience. If you go to the service department, ask for Tim. He's great.

Since we like the service there, we chose to buy a 2006 330i from them. Here we dealt with Tom Quinn, who is a low-pressure "client advisor". His knowledge is pretty good, and his willingness to answer questions, show us what we wanted to see and make sure we were getting what we wanted was excellent. Above all, he never tried to hustle us, he always treated us with respect and he's a warm human being.

They have a website at http://www.wagnermotors.com/

The only glitch so far is this. We were told there was a car "on the high seas" exactly matching our choice of colors and options, and it would be available in about 10 days. It was destined for another dealer on the east coast, but since the car had not been ordered, it just had to be transferred to Wagner's books. So we signed up. Something changed overnight and that car appears to no longer be available, so now we have an order on the factory, with a week 26 delivery anticipated. It was not clear to us that this car was not committed to us.

I think there are two problems here.

First, there was a misunderstanding that was quite honest, and I hold no grudge. Second, it would probably be better if BMW did not allocate particular cars to specific dealers until later in the shipping process, but kept them in a "pool" while they are in transit. Then they need a true real-time system so that dealers can lock in the car and commit to the client. We had a similar amount of confusion when we bought our last BMW in '98 (from a different BMW dealer).

As things unfold, I'll keep you posted about Wagner, but so far I would strongly recommend them.

Based on our experience, don't expect a generous trade-in value. Their offer on our '98 Corvette was WAY below KBB trade value. But that's OK. We'll sell it easily privately.

If you go in there, say hi to Tom and Tim.

John

Last edited by johnfkitchen; 05-20-2005 at 06:04 AM.