View Single Post
      06-18-2018, 04:37 PM   #74
ajcorona
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 328xi 2007 328xi Coupe

Garage List
So the E90 is my wife's car. Mine are older BMW'S. I saw your thread on the SULEV warranty and wanted to add our recent experience. The car is a 2009 328xi with about 115,000. We reside in upstate NY and have to deal with state inspections annually. This car has been a challenge the last couple of years due to the radiator and the sensor. I made it a goal this year to deal with it early since she wants to keep the car for a while longer.

Last week I took it to Keeler BMW in Latham, NY and told them I wanted their time to pull the code and give me a diagnostic. I was very clear to the service adviser that I knew what was going on Radiator and the EAC Sensor. When the tech checked it and the SA came to get me he told me the radiator would be replaced per warranty for the SULEV engine. That the VCG would be replaced, along with the valvetronic sensor. The tech recommended changing the coolant hoses, which we did do. Along with the VC, it was cracked. Cheap plastic part.

Thought all was good. Until she told me yesterday that the car was stumbling. I drove it and it misfired on #6, but did not turn on the check light. I checked the OBD just for the heck of it. Waiting to call the dealer tomorrow and see what happens.
Appreciate 0