Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterY View Post
OE and OEM (made by Behr): both are very similar in design, but there's a slight difference in the fin-pack density, and the drain plug design is different too. Cooling efficiency is the same (splitting hair really tring to differentiate between these two).

Mishimoto: garbage, period! Check Sean54 YouTube channel, he used to suffer limp mode on the track with OE radiator on his 335i N54, he bought the Mishimoto unit in an attempt to fix the issue, suffered limp mode at the exact same point on the track as with the OE radiator lol . It's not an upgrade by any means! Eventually he went with CSF, which solved his coolant limp mode issues

CSF: Great product, good for casual track days, and is much better than OE, OEM and Mishimoto

PWR: The biggest and largest capacity performance radiator available for this platform (slightly fatter than the CSF), this is a proper competition racing product! Something you'd install on a N54 race car. This is the radiator I am going with after I am done with my manual conversion next month. Main downside; exxy, looking at $940 AUD.

On the Bathurst 6 Hour Production Race held earlier this year, I've noticed all the BMW's competing were running PWR radiators. If you look closely at Tim Leahy's F80 LCI M3 Comp below, you can see the "PWR" logo behind the bumper grille . This was by far the fastest car of the race!

Conclusion: Can't go wrong with either CSF or PWR, it will depend on how you're going to use the car.
Now... this is how you answer a forum question ...
Appreciate 0