View Single Post
      11-19-2015, 02:20 AM   #1377
Wood Gnome
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320i se convertible E93

Hi, I'm a newbie on here and have been reading a few threads to find my way around !!! As Big Motoring World are doing so well on here thought I would add my experience of 18 months ago ............. and coincidentily I am less than 3miles from the West Malling site, a factor to consider in this tale I think.
I was looking for a hard top convertible for my wife so did the normal trawl of the websites and whilst on Autotrader up popped just what I was looking for, low mileage 5 year old car and at the right price ............ dealer Big Motoring World .......... great I thought, 5 minutes down the road .......... I'll go and have a look, but phone first just to make sure it's still available, "Yes, its still available and a lovely car, come and have a look" said the enthusiastic salesman on the phone.
Arrived on site to be completely ignored for at least 15 minutes ?? eventually found someone to talk to about the car I had come to see and was told " No, sorry that was sold a few days ago" so calmly I explained that I had just spoken to someone on the phone and they said it was here to look at "No, whoever it was you spoke to didn't check the computer stock list" then in true stereotypical secondhand car salesman banter he proceeded to show me "similar cars" at more than twice the price !!!! With nothing of a similar price I left thanking them for wasting my time and petrol travelling to the site (imagine if I had driven 20miles plus to view the car!!!).
So over the next few days I continued my search on Autotrader and still this convertible BMW appeared in my searches. So I phoned Big Motoring World to see if the previous sale had fallen through and guess what answer I got ..... "Yes, its still available and a lovely car, come and have a look" when questioned further and after asking to speak to the site manager about my previous wasted visit days earlier I was told "No, it has been sold, we've told Autotrader but they haven't updated the info".
This car continued to be advertised on Autotrader for a further 6 WEEKS and out of curiosity I phoned every week and guess what answers I got ..... "Yes, its still available and a lovely car, come and have a look"
I will leave you to make your own conclusions as to whether this car ever existed ........... I have my doubts, and if driving any distance to the site be warned the car you are going to look at might not be there.
Appreciate 0